Sunday 7 April 2013

Scaup at K G Reservoir

No plan to go anywhere today, but Jimmy heads off to look for the Scaup that is reported at King George Reservoir.
Then at 10 o'clock I get a phone call to say that he had found the target bird & Brian was over there with him & he will wait for me at the gate if I wanted to make the short trip to the reservoir.
So off I go & 10 minutes later I meet up with them both, Brian has to shoot off, so Jimmy & myself head up the path & see the Scaup after a few minutes, it helps when they had already just got it.
It's quite a distance over the reservoir, but I get a good view in the scope, it's a female Scaup & the white patch on the base of the bill is easy to pick out.
Just a very quick visit but another year tick 177 that I hadn't planed for today so a nice bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment