Saturday 28 July 2012

Roing Valley Lake.

Being a really hot day, and being a bit fed up of sitting in my garden,  I think it's about time I walked over to my local lake and meadow, it is only about 200 yds from my house.
There is not much about on the lake, only the Swans with their babies, also Coots, Canada Goose, Mallard, Tuffed Duck. A really nice scene with the sun glowing across the lake.

I now walk over the bridge which goes over the river Roding to the nature reserve meadow, it is full of colour at the moment. I start to look for any Butterflies that might be about.
The first one I see is a Gatekeeper, I get myself  a photo of it. There are a lot of Large White flying around,they don't seem to land anywhere so I give up trying to get a photo.next up I see a Comma, then a Red Admiral, I now walk about in the long grass and I see a flash of Red & Blue in front of me, I  only get one quick photo of it before it's gone. I need to identify it when I get home.
It turns out I think to be a Six-Spot Burnet Moth,I have never seen one of these before so it was worth the trip over here
On the way back a quick look over the lake and I see a few Common Tern, a photo shot for me.
Six- Spot Burnet Moth
Now home for a nice cold drink.


Common Tern


No comments:

Post a Comment