Tuesday 10 July 2012

Dipped out 3 times on the trot.

Off early o,clock again to get to Dungeness to try to see Roseate Tern. 

On the way we stop off at Crayford marsh as we hear there is a Quail to be seen, we get there and locate the spot where it has been seen, we hang about for about an hour with no luck and we think time to go. We think maybe we are in the wrong spot, when Kevin Jarvis turns up and tells us it is the right spot, he is the fellow who found it first as it is his patch.
We hang about talking to Kevin for sometime but the bird  never showed, so we say goodbye and set off on to the very bleak desolate Dungeness. 

When we get there it is wet & windy and as usual cold, we go straight up onto the beach and get behind the locked hide that is on the beach to try and get some shelter from the weather, we don't give up easily but this is not to pleasant, we give it a good go, but have to admit defeat.



Next week Brian & Jimmy go to Rickmansworth for the Little Bittern that is reported there, I could not join them as I had family commitments.
When they got home they had great joy in telling me they got great views of it, I was really pleased for them, NO really I was.

So next day being Monday and me being retired, I have all the time in the world, so I set off on my own to try to get it for myself. When I get to Stockers lake where the bird has been seen there are a lot of birders already there, but it had not been seen today.
I have a good talk to a lot of the other people there as we wait for the bird to show.
I give it 3 hours but still no show, so I have to suffer the third dip in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment