Sunday 29 July 2012

Little Owls

I never went out with the boys on their trip to see the Eagle Owl today.
They find the Eagle as soon as they get to where it is reported and get great views of it.
Now they go on to Dungeness which is no surprise as the boys seem to get here often.
I think it is a good trip for them, nothing new in the way of birds, but that doesn't take away from seeing loads of stuff on  the day list.

As for myself I am sitting watching the Olympics on TV, when a neighbour rings my door bell to tell me he has got  baby Owls sitting on his fence.
I get my bins and go up his stairs to look out of  the bedroom window, sure enough there are 2 Little Owls no more than 20 yrds away from us sitting on his fence.

Little Owl
 Then I spot one in the top of the tree. I know they are not rare around here but it is still nice to get to see them up close, and it's great that a neighbour takes the trouble to come and tell me that they are there.


Little Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment