Thursday 12 July 2012

Minsmere 7/7/2012

Jimmy & I are up at 4 o'clock, we pack a flask and some Ham Rolls and set off to meet up with Brian at our meeting place.
Our destination is Minsmere, it is a fairly long drive, we never seem to be local anymore, the more we see the further we have to travel to get something new.
As soon as we get there we see Bearded Tit's in abundance as we walk up to the beach.
We head for the East hide, and look out over the water, it is full of about 50 Avocets, and lots of Waders.
We spot Redshank, Common Sandpiper, Bar Tailed Godwits, Little Egret, Little Tern, Dunlin, Spotted Redshank and Barnacle Goose.
A Hobby is showing really well flying around the hide, also 2 Marsh Harriers  are up and getting close to us.
We leave the hide and walk down to the Sluice, here we get Reed Warbler, Stonechat, Wren.
It is nice to see all these birds it makes a nice morning.
Having given up on seeing any new ticks, it off to the fields to see if any Butterflies are about.
It is quite productive , and a nice Red Admiral soon shows, then a Small Skipper flew up and that leads us to follow to try to get a picture, when Brian calls out that he has a Snake, and he gets a picture of it, it turns out to be an Adder, it shoots off and Jimmy & I miss it.
Next to fly about we see a Large Skipper, then as we go a bit deeper in to the foilage and get a good sighting of a Comma, I get a nice photo of it as it sits on the bush for sometime lovely colours on it and the shape of the wings are worth seeing it.
Next we turn our attention to looking for some Bugs & Dragonfly's,   I take a picture of a wasp like bug but do not have a clue  as to what it is, I will try to find out what it is later back at home.
 As I head back I spot the Adder Snake coiled up in front of me, I get my camera out, but it moves to quick for me to get a photo of it,still really nice to see one.
Now I see a massive Dragon fly land in front of me, I get a good photo of it.
It turns out to be a Ruddy Darter.
No new ticks but a nice day anyway.
Comma
Cinnabar Moth
 
Ruddy Darter
GateKeeper




Ringlet
Speckled Wood
Essex Skipper


No comments:

Post a Comment