Sunday 30 September 2012

Spotted Crake at Greylake

Not a birding trip this one, I was away for a short break with my wife Jean to Somerset & Devon.
But being very near Greylake it was the first port of call to try for the Spotted Crake.
On arriving at the car park I was lucky enough to meet a volunteer who kindly walked with me to the spot where the Crake had been seen this morning, after just a few minutes we hear a Rustle & look over to get a quick look of the target bird, I do get one more look at it as it walks through the reeds, but in the short time I have given myself to see the bird I think I have been very lucky to have the help from the friendly volunteer who saved me a lot of time searching for it .
the iformation board
I would have liked to have stayed longer to see if I could get a photo, but I was told it had been a bit elusive, so with Jean waiting in the car with the dog I say my thankyou's & feel happy at seeing another lifer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment