Sunday 30 September 2012

Little Stint & Curlew Sandpiper at Oare marshs

Having just got back from my break, I thought I would have a day in the garden & to wash the car after getting a lot of mud over it after a trip to Chewvalley lake on the way home yesterday.
It got to 9 o'clock when Brian phones to ask if Jimmy & I want to go to Kent to Oare Marsh for a few hours, so the car will stay dirty for another day,as we meet up within 20mins & do the 60 miles to Oare.
Nice & easy to park right by the scrape, so no walking today, just stand & wait for the birds to come in as the tide is on the way in & they will all come & settle on the scrape.

It is already full of birds, a hundred or more Golden Plover, plenty of Dunlin, also lots of Ringed Plover everywhere.
As we scan we pick out 2 Little Stints, & later we see another 2 so 4 in all ,this is the most I have seen in one place so nice.
Brian now spots a Curlew Sandpiper for us, I would never have spotted that on my own, a Hobby flies over the back of the scrape as well.
Golden Plover one of my favourite sights


Just about a (Little Stint)
 

Ruff



  Next Jimmy gets a nice Ruff that sits not to far away from us, we also see 5 Snipe fly over.
A nice few hours just standing in one spot looking at some wonderful bird life, great day.

Just a nice sight Mute Swans
 Off home now, only downside to the day Arsenal are playing & it's on the radio, & they lost, still if you have a goal scorer who can't score, & a keeper who can't keep,not much hope really.

No comments:

Post a Comment