Friday 8 May 2015

Cirl bunting in Devon

While on a short break in Weymouth I take the 70 mile drive to Labrador Bay in Devon in the hope of seeing  Cirl bunting. After parking in the small off road car park I set about finding the target bird.
A walk along the hedge row by the car park gets me nothing, when I get talking to a RSPB volunteer who was one of only about six people here & he tells me that I should head down the hill to another row of bushes where he had seen them many times.
As I walk along the bushes a bird drops of a bush & picks up some food on the ground, it turns out to be a Robin, but as I look I see a couple of birds moving about on the grass & bingo they turn out to be Cirl bunting, they are up & down from the bushes & I watch them for a short while before getting back to my wife & dog that had stayed in the car.

Well worth the drive to see these cracking little birds, I had also seen them here last year so a really good place to go to see them.
As close as I could get.

Cirl bunting













No comments:

Post a Comment