Tuesday 22 January 2013

My Garden today

Blackcap
Fieldfare
One of the family
Pied Wagtail
Waiting for the birds to come in to my garden
Just sitting with a cuppa looking out the garden, it took a little time for the birds to come in this morning as it's misty with a really white sky.
The first thing I see is a Song Thrush walking across the snow, then a Wren is sitting on the tree, also a Dunnock by the feeders, plenty of Blue tits,& Great Tits, 3 Long-tailed Tits fly on & off the feeders at regular intervals.
Next in is 2 Fieldfare, then a Male Blackcap pays a very quick visit, it's replaced by a female one which has been around for a few days now,. they have been feeding on the apples I stuck on the branches this week.
Only a couple of Goldfinch today. Redpoll are in daily at the moment & in beautiful colour to.
I seem to have a family of Robins that wait for me to put out food & water daily.
Blackbirds & Starlings are all over the garden, also collared dove come & go,the bushes are also full of house Sparrows,
Sitting in the big tree over the side of my garden are 2 Ring-neck Parakeet, they are there most days or just across the fields from my house.
Yesterday a Coal tit came onto the bird bath, but not today so far.
Also a few Pied Wagtails are seen daily now.
It's so easy to just sit watching the birds all morning, a perk for being retired with all the time in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment