Tuesday 4 December 2012

Waxwing in Buckhurst Hill.

Only 2 minutes from home at Albert Rd, & Loughton way traffic lights, in a large leafless tree I see 17 Waxwings at the top.
As I get my bins out to view they fly away over the roof tops, just as Brian turns up he had got a call from Jimmy telling him where they were, I jump in his car & we tour the roads looking for them, we don't spend to long looking for them, & head back to where we first saw them, bingo they are back on the same tree, so we set ourself up to get some photos, we wait for them to come down to feed a bit closer to us,after a few minutes they start to come down to feed on the few berries that are left on the bush.
Camera''s out & we start shooting away, as we stand there another birder turns up to see them after seeing Jimmy's posting on bird guides. A nice little hour spent watching these lovely birds so close to my house.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim,

    I didn't manage to catch up with the Waxwings over the last couple of days, but I had 9 Lesser Redpoll at Linder's Field LNR this afternoon, just off Roebuck Lane in Buckhurst Hill.

    Good birding,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete