Friday 28 December 2012

2012 Best Birds Seen

Spanish Sparrow


Puffin

Desert Wheatear





A really great year spent with the boys, going all over the country & seeing 251 birds, that is about 26 more than last year & the best year so far.

We have seen some really great birds & been to many nice places & meet some old & new faces,
along the way we have had some laughs.
I must say a big thank you to Brian for driving us all over the place, & along with Jimmy spotting all the birds for me.                                                
Hoopoe
These are the best birds that I got a good  enough photo off for the year
The best place that we visited had to be our trip to Scottland, the White-tailed Eagle, 5 Golden Eagle, Crested Tit,& many more that I never got near enough to get a photo off, but the sight off these birds will stay in the memory for a long time.
The best bird of the year for me has to be the Hoopoe as we chased it for 3 years, & it was our target bird for the year.
I have seen many birds for the first time this year,& I am looking forward to seeing many more next year, I just hope Robert can find the time to tag along with us a bit more in the new year. so happy birding to all, & a very healthy & happy new year.


Glossy Ibis
Dark-eyed Junco


Waxwing

Great white Egret




hornemann's Artic Redpoll


Alpine Swift

Buff-bellied Pipit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment