Tuesday 30 October 2012

Waxwing at Roding Valley fields

After going all the way to Landguard to see a Waxwing on Sunday, I walk the few yards over my local lake & a Waxwing flies into a bush in front of me, a quick fumble to get the camera out before a couple of ladies are about to get to the bush the bird is sitting on, before I can get to the bush they spook it & it flies away right over the lenth of the field,( shame).
A nice slow walk around the lake reveils loads of activity, sill plenty of wigeon, at least 10 Gadweell, a lot of Shoveler, Mallard, Tuffed Duck, C Goose, B H Gulls everywhere.

A walk over to the cricket field & I spot 5 Fieldfare walking about with the Pied Wagtails & loads of Chaffinch. Also a Mistle Thrush.
As I walk round to the bushes that border the field a single Jay is spotted, now the local Green Woodpecker pops down in the same place as I have been seeing it most days.
Time to head home as I have been over here for a good couple of hours & I think my dog needed to go home now.
As I walk back along the side of the lake a flock of about 12 Long-Tailed Tits fly into a bush in front of me, they don't hang about long, but nice to see.

A really nice autumn walk, I think of the boys hard at work, well thats what they tell me & think how lucky am I, sorry boys.



Fieldfare



Mistle Thrush
  

Shoveler



B H Gull


No comments:

Post a Comment