Friday 26 October 2012

Roding Vally Meadow & lake


On the lake
 The lake is very active today,there most be 20 or more Gadwell, 12 Shoveler, over 25 Wigeon,Mallard, Tufted Duck, Coot, Moorhen,Mute Swan, Black Headed Gull,Canada Goose, everywhere you looked.Also at least 2 Great Crested Grebe, 1 Grey Heron.

Walking along the back of the lake along the river I see 8 Longtail Tits, & 3 Ring-Necked Parakeet fly across the the Meadow.
Heading home I spot a Green Woodpecker sitting in front of me, I creep up with my camera ready & start snapping,but before I can get to close my dog decides to play chase the bird.
Green woodpecker

Just a very nice walk over my local fields.
As I get near my house I spot our local Little Owl sitting out on a branch, that makes a change as we see it nearly every day on the roof over the road from my house.
The local star

No comments:

Post a Comment