Wednesday 7 August 2019

Another three year ticks.

Up in the lakes for my Grand daughter's wedding gives me the chance to pick up a couple of year ticks.
I pick up Red Grouse with ease the first few seen were on the A 66 heading into Durham & then before heading for home I see many more on the road from Brough Kirkby Stephen to Middleton-in-Teesdale,such a beautiful place to watch them.
Running along side the Inn that was home while staying in the Lakes is a very fast running stream that is ideal for Dippers & Grey Wagtails.
Many were seen over the time spent here. Heading back home on the A1 I stop off   at Fairburn ings
just outside of Leeds at Castleford.
The reserve is good for Willow Tit & I need one for a year tick after missing out when the boys got one earlier in the year.
The luck is in when watching the feeders, Willow Tits come in to feed & I hear the birds calling to make sure of what I was seeing.
Once back home Jimmy & I meet up with Brian & head off to Norfolk to look for a Pectoral Sandpiper.
We are parked up at Cley just after 7 am & find the Pectoral after a scan as it is found among several Wood Sandpipers,Common Sand,Green Sandpiper,Ruff plus many more usual stuff so a a real good find.
So a great wedding weekend with all the family in the Lake district at a wonderful location & to pick up 2 year ticks while there a real bonus.
And then to spend the day in Norfolk with the boys & to take a look at the Wells north pools for the first time, what a great place this is going to be for bird watching in the future.
Wood Sandpiper
Red Grouse

No comments:

Post a Comment