Saturday 13 April 2019

Black winged Stilts at Vange

An early call to Brian to tell him Jimmy & I are off to Vange Marsh to see if he fancied the trip for a pair of Black Winged Stilts
Minutes later I'm picking him up & on the way,it's about 28 miles from home an we soon arrive at Chestnut road & park the car & walk  under the flyover & over the railway line & onto the reserve.
We could see a few people scoping the marsh & we join them to find that they have the Stilts in view.
After watching them for an hour & looking to see if anything else was about we set off for home on a really cold morning.
Ruff,Spotted Redshank,Godwits & Avocet were seen but nothing we needed for a tick.
I picked up a couple of ticks over King George Res on Thursday when I see Arctic Tern plus my first House Martin of the year.
Year total so far 198.
Black Winged Stilts

No comments:

Post a Comment