Monday 10 September 2018

Cirl Bunting Labrador Bay + G w Egret Ham Wall.

Great w Egret
On a break near Exmoor  last week with my wife Jean gives me the chance to head down to Labrador Bay in Teignmouth, it's a 50 mile drive but times our own & well worth the effort to see the wonderful Cirl Buntings.
When we arrive the notice board informs me that the Buntings have had a good year & up to 28 have been seen here,so off to look for them.
I turn right after going through the gate & spend an hour searching without any luck, so I head back & go left & meet a couple coming back & they have just seen a few & guide me in the right direction & within minutes I am watching 4 Cirl Buntings on a small drinking trough by the top gate.
A couple more are sitting in the trees waiting to fly down. I only spend around 30 minutes watching them & that is all I managed to find but as always a great treat to see them.

The next day I pay a visit to Ham Wall & the only highlight is when a Great white Egret drops in as we arrive in the hide.
Cirl Buntings
Cirl Bunting








No comments:

Post a Comment