Monday 10 October 2016

Hard to take

I had been down with a nasty bit of flu this week, I phone Brian to let him know I am still not fit enough to go out on Sunday & he tells me he will be going up the east coast as this is the day to be in that area & sure to get some more year ticks.
I sit about in doors watching all the birds coming on bird guides feeling sorry for myself & cursing my luck.
When Jimmy gets home he has picked up 3 year ticks one being a lifer, it's the same for Brian so well pleased for them. They find a lifer at Holkham in a Radde's Warbler & a couple of year ticks with a few Yellow-browed Warbler's & then they round it off with a Dusky Warbler at Cromer plus a few others that they didn't need for a tick.
He then tells me that they had to walk some long paths for a couple of miles some of them in the wrong direction & also they got an absolute soaking for their troubles, so it would have been a really bad decision if I had been silly & gone with them.
The year started so well with loads of ticks & some lifers & then it is put on hold for weeks when I have my  knee replacement, I just get back into the swing of things & hope to put a few more ticks on the list when Mr flu bug pays a visit. I must of been in my twenties the last time I had real flu so I really should count my blessings but we never look at life like that & I hate the fact that I have just missed another lifer, Well roll on next week & hope that the last legs of this flu bug goes away & I can get out & do some ticking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment