Thursday 25 August 2016

Lesser Yellowlegs at Vange

A text to Brian at 5 pm to see if he wanted to head to Vange for the Yellowlegs,back comes the reply if you are driving it's on so 15 minutes later I pull up at Brian's & we are on the way.
Only 30 miles away but at that time the roads are busy & a broken down car in the middle lane the M 25 slows us down & we don't arrive till about 6 30.
As we pull into Chestnut rd we are lucky enough to see Dave B just as he was leaving & he confirms the bird is still there & gives us a tip to head round to the side as the bird is tucked in the reeds & we will get a better view from there, that turns out to be a good tip as we pass some birders & they didn't have the bird.
We soon pick out the target bird & it comes out from time to time to give great scope views for the whole hour that we stayed.
Also seen Ruff, Redshank, Green Sandpipers, Black-Tailed Godwits, some Little Egrets.
So a good little trip to take me up to 230 ticks for the year, this is well down on last year but with me being out of action due to the new knee & no Scotland & Wales trips this year not to bad a total & I also missed out on the Palled Harrier that the boys got as I decided to stay at home that day, I had been six times for that bird & the one day I can't go they get it, sometimes life is not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment