Thursday 7 July 2016

Back birding at last with Common Rosefinch.

Seven long weeks of inactivity on the birding front after having a total Knee replacement on May 19th. Still not ready to go on long trips with long walks but with the Rosefinch only a few miles from home I am glad to give it a go.
Jimmy & I pull into the ice centre car park just after 9 o,clock & walk down the main track & we are now on Walthamstow marsh NR & keep walking down the path till we find the Anchor & Hope Public house, we see a gate opposite & see a birder who looked as if he might have the bird in sight.
On talking to him he tells us that the bird was around but he had lost it for a while, we do not have to wait to long before Jimmy picks the Rosefinch out at the top of a tree behind us, it is sitting out in the open & we get some cracking views in the scope.
I have only seen one Rosefinch before that was a few years ago in Tottenham & the view was only a flight view & was a female, this one being a male it is a nicer bird to see.
By now we have about 20 birders here & some were getting some good photos but I never got close enough to get my camera on the bird but it is just nice to get out birding again, I am still a few weeks away from being able to get out on long walks  but it,s a start.
No bird photos to show so I thought I would show what has keep me away from many new ticks over the last seven weeks.


                                                               
My new knee, hope it takes me to many more bird ticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment