Saturday 23 April 2016

Lea valley Nightingale + 2 ticks

Jimmy's up & out early to go over to his local patch Fisher's Green in the Lea valley, I stay behind but he will text me if the Nightingale is heard.
At 9 o'clock I get the text he has seen Grasshopper Warbler, Whitethroat, Lesser White
throat, Bullfinch,& at least 3 Nightingale. So 1/2 hour later I meet him in the car park & 10 minutes later I hear the beautiful singing of my first Nightingale of the year & after watching the bush from where the song is coming from I get my first sighting of the year.
Now a walk round to the brambles where Jimmy had the Whitethroat & the first bird we hear is a Lesser Whitethroat we watch & see the bird fly out into another bush & we hear at least another 2 singing.
Then we spot a Common Whitethroat sitting out to give me 3 year ticks & only 20 minutes from home, so not bad as I had no plans to go birding today.
I don't get to see or hear the Gropper that Jimmy found but I had one at Lakenheath on Thursday so a shame but not needed for a year tick. Some Willow Warblers are seen & Great spotted Woodpecker sitting out for a photo along with some Treecreepers make it a nice short morning birding.

                                                                     
Common Whitethroat
                                                                               
                                                                     
Lesser Whitethroat

                                                                             

Nightingale
                                                                                 
A nice Great-spotted Woodpecker seen today at Fishers Green






No comments:

Post a Comment