Tuesday 5 August 2014

Today's Little Owl update

An early morning walk over to see how the local Little Owls are getting on, on arrival one was feeding on the ground below the nest, it saw me & flew up into the trees & hidden from view.
I give myself an hour to try for some photos of any of the four that are here.
While standing waiting a Greater-spotted & two Green Woodpeckers pay a visit to keep me company while waiting for any of the Owls to show.
A scan of the trees going up the hill gives me the first photo of one & only a few yards in the same tree I spot number two.
They seem to be doing very well & don't seem to mind me being pretty close to them with the camera. At least 15 Ring-necked Parakeet fly over head & land close by, I hope they don't take over the Owls tree like they did last year, pushing them round the field, this does look a much better place for the Owls this year with a lot more cover for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment