Sunday 11 May 2014

Bad week ends in a dip.

A week in Weymouth with my wife Jean starts well when I pick up 2 Red Kites on the M3 on the way down, that is a year tick for me  so things looking good.
Now I head to Christchurch Harbour as it's only a small detour for me, nothing seen that I need for a tick, but well worth a visit.
The aim was to get up early & have a look in at Lodmoor & then Chisel beach, but those plans went out of the window when as I am walking my dog after the rain had stopped I slip on a small slope & I pick myself up a torn thigh muscle, all plans gone now, 2 days of doing nothing as the pain stops me from doing to much.
On the Thursday I see if I can get myself in the car & still drive,funny as I could hardly walk but if I get my foot onto the clutch pedal I feel no pain as long as my foot stays on the pedal it's quite comfortable to drive , so as I planned to see Cirl Bunting while down here I head to Teignbridge in Devon & find Labrador Bay I park up & speak to a local birder, he tells me Cirl Buntings are all over the place & one was in the bush in front of us, so a very quick tick for me.
I have a look along the bushes & pick out 4 more & 2 in flight, unable to get anything in the camera, but after my mishap just getting here to see them is a right bonus.
Off for home & a Hospital appointment at Whipps cross to look forward to, but 2 ticks under my belt not what was planned but that's life.
Sunday morning now Jimmy gets a call from Brian to tell him he is looking at a Red-rumped Swallow at Thamesmead, so off we head to see it for our self.
Brian meets us on arrival & drives round the other side of the lake, so I didn't have to walk & in that time the bird had gone missing never to return while we are there, that just about sums the week up for me, still it could have been a lot worse for me so no good feeling sorry for myself onwards & upwards always next time.
Where I picked up Cirl Bunting
Sign at Christchurch Harbour
Harris Hawk there to scare the Pigeons
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment