Friday 6 December 2013

Good times.

As a bit of fun Robert prints me off a keep sake front cover of Bird Watch to mark my seeing my 300 life birds. I know it is way down the league of the big boys, but I have only been into birding over the last few years, so not to bad an effort.
 This hobby has taken me & the boys to some really lovely places all over England, also a couple of visits to the highlands of Scotland where I probably would not have gone to if it was not for the birding hobby,many trips to Wales that is always a pleasure & a highlight of the birding year for me.
We made just one trip to the Isle of Wight as well to see the Wilsons Phalarope, that was my first time there & I enjoyed it so much that I took Jean back there for a holiday later on in the year.
Brian has driven me & Jimmy to most of these places & it's thanks to them for getting me into bird watching, I must say it fills a big hole when you reach retirement age.
I must say the hobby also lets me meet some really nice people along the way, so now I am looking forward to the new year when we start a year count all over again & maybe a few more life ticks will be seen as well.
To celebrate my 72 years of life the boys bring me the elixir of life to keep me going for a bit longer.
The name sticks, but not true, Jimmy gave me this name.
The boxed one Brian's reminder of our Scotland trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment