Monday 2 September 2013

Influx in my Garden over 60 birds in the space of a few minutes.

Looking out my garden on Sunday morning when a few birds start to land on one of the bird baths, then in the space of 10 minutes over 20 Blue Tits,10 Great Tits, 1 Long-tailed Tit, 1 Coal Tit, 2 Dunnock, 2 Robins, 1 Blackcap, 1 Chaffinch, a few Starlings & a sprinkling of Sparrows, all come in to drink, I call Jimmy to come & watch all the activity going on, also 2 Goldcrest were seen a little earlier in my fir tree.
I do get a fair amount of bird activity in my garden but I have never seen this amount at one time, also the feeders were mainly empty, they seem to have come into the garden to have a drink & a good old bath, I have two big water baths & four smaller pots just for drinking.
So this morning I went out to buy some food for them in the hope that they will keep coming back for us get some nice views of them in the future,just sitting by the window watching them gives you a really nice feeling & a really good way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment