Friday 23 August 2013

Red-necked Phalarope KGV Reservoirs

A phone call from Brian tells me to get over to KGV Reservoir for the Red-necked Phalarope.
When I arrive I see nobody looking over the reservoir, so I walk down past the south basin & walk half of the other basin, I see no sign of the bird or see any sign of people. I give it a good go but with no luck so far I start to head back, it's then I meet up with a couple of fellows who tell me that Roy Woodward was up on the causeway with the bird in sight, so it's back up to the middle of the two reservoirs, on the way I meet Harry who had found the bird this morning, he picks out the target for us & I get a view of it in his scope.
I walk down to the causeway & say hello to Nick Croft & then see Roy who still had the bird in sight, so a better view but still to far away for a photo for my camera.
So another year tick for me  & only 10 minutes away from home. Two Black Terns & Common Sandpiper also seen while here.

No comments:

Post a Comment