Monday 15 July 2013

update on the little Owl

Back over my local field again this morning to see if the baby Owls could be seen.
It's just 8 o'clock & as soon as I get over there I see the Little Owl sitting out on a branch, I get some good photos of the bird, then I scan the trees for any sign of  the babies, not to long to wait before I pick out 2 little ones flapping about in the tree.
I take a photo of one but it has its back to me, its nice to know that the Owls have breed again this year.
one of the babies
I only saw 2 babies today but Brian had already been over here today & Jean meet him over by the Owls & he said he had seen 4 birds.
Also seen 5 Green Woodpeckers feeding on the ground with some Magpies, plus 2 more calling from over the other side of the ditch.
Just 1 Ring-necked Parakeet, I hope they don't scare the Owls away like they did last year.
Little Owl  

No comments:

Post a Comment