Tuesday 19 February 2013

Black-bellied Dipper.Goshawk tick.

After I missed the trip on Sunday with the boy's to Thetford, I thought it was time to go & see the Dipper, as I feel like the only birder not to have seen it.


So off to Thetford about 70 miles from home. When I arrive I am not alone as there must of been at least 30 people in & around the car park.
I cross the small bridge & see people with cameras snapping away, soon I am doing the same as the Dipper is just sitting on the rocks & didn't seem to care about us being there.
I meet a nice couple that I have seen over Fishers Green a number of times, they show me some nice photos of the Otters taken a little time before I got there, unfortunately they never showed while I was there.
Off now to find a Goshawk down the road from here.
When I get there 6 birders are already looking for the bird, I climb up on the logs with them, & within a minute we get a very quick view of the Goshawk, no more than 30 seconds or so. 3 hours later we never get another view, so a tick but that's all.
I do see 4 Bullfinches land on a bush not to far away from us, once again its a fly on, fly off job.
Had a look for any Crossbill, but none about today, I have given a good few hours looking for another year tick, but nothing doing, so off home, its been a really nice trip meeting some nice people & 3 year ticks.


 looking for Goshawk
.

No comments:

Post a Comment