Sunday 11 November 2012

Maybe Penduline tit Grove Ferry

A six o'clock meet & off to Grove Ferry in Kent for the Penduline Tits reported there all week.
We walk down past the the hill towards the hide, the birds have been seen in this area, as we stand & listen we hear what we think is the bird, over the next hour we hear it again, & some other birders have heard it as well.
We walk up & down the track without any luck, so I have a go in the hide, at least 10 birders here, but no luck.
Jimmy leaves us  to try & get a Water Pipit that he needs for a year tick.
As Brian & I & another birder stay put , a bird flies up, Brian never got the bins onto it,but the other fellow & myself did,I was not sure myself but the other chap calls it as the bird, it flies over the hide & we follow it & the 3 chaps there see it land, but could not confirm.
Brian then spots the bird briefly, I never saw it, so I don't know if I can count it as a tick.
It is raining now so into the hide for a spell.loads of birds here the highlight being six Snipe flying across the front of us.
Out of the hide now & I get a photo of a Bearded Tit, also a Stonechat sits up to give good views.


Stonechat
 

Bearded Tit
  The phots are not to sharp as it is a really gloomy dull day.

Grove Ferry is part of Stodmarsh

Stone chat


No comments:

Post a Comment